The final 12 months have supplied fertile floor for a lot of vital judgments regarding inquest regulation. In Episode 136, Emma-Louise Fenelon speaks to Rachel Marcus and Jim Duffy in regards to the developments practitioners might want to learn about.
The episode mentions:
- Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service v Veevers  EWHC 2550
- Maguire v HM Senior Coroner for Blackpool & Fylde 
- See Shaheen Rahman QC’s three half collection on Article 2 instances in healthcare contexts, together with Maguire, Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3
- See additionally R (Skelton) v Senior Coroner for West Sussex and the Chief Constable of Sussex Police & Robert Trigg (interested parties)  EWHC 2813 (Admin), 23.10.20 and Matt Hill’s piece on Skelton
- R (on the application of Lewis) v Senior Coroner for North West Kent  2 WLUK 180
- Iroko, R (On the Application Of) v HM Senior Coroner for Inner London South & Anor  EWHC 1753 (Admin) (03 July 2020)
- Chief Constable West Yorks Police v Dyer & Assistant Coroner for West Yorkshire & others  EWCA Civ 1375, 27 October 2020
- Re Ketcher and Mitchell  NICA 31
- Though we didn’t have time to incorporate it within the episode, R(Grice) v  EWHC 3581 (Admin), handed down on Christmas Eve, can be essential studying. The case issues the necessity for a resumed inquest the place a felony trial and different critiques and investigations have been carried out.
Please bear in mind to price and overview us when you like what you hear.
The put up Essential Inquest Law Updates with Rachel Marcus and Jim Duffy on Law Pod UK appeared first on UK Human Rights Blog.